Sales Manager - multiple positions available
Roles Available: Institutional Sales Manager & Enterprise Sales Manager (mid-level sales)
- Institutional Sales Manager (UK & US): Selling into Institutions and universities. Target institutional areas: libraries, IT, Department heads, labs.
- Enterprise Sales Manager (UK & US): Scientific and Research Enterprise Sales. Verticals include labs, research institutes, engineering sector, technology sector, pharma, finance. Organizations who need to write research, documentation, proposals, etc which include scientific, engineering or other hard sciences language.
Positions available for both roles:
1) Based in the UK – Part-Remote or Fully-Remote Position – option to split working from London office and home.
2) Based in the USA – Remote Position – working from home.
Who we are
Overleaf's award-winning collaboration technology is now in use by over three million researchers and technical writers in institutions, labs and industry worldwide.
Overleaf is a collaborative writing platform that makes research faster and more efficient by letting researchers collaborate more easily and more effectively on their papers, from idea to writing to review to publication. We're growing rapidly, supported by our lead investor and partner, Digital Science, and are looking for brilliant individuals to join our team as we continue to push the boundaries of research collaboration. It’s an opportunity to work with an amazing team and an incredibly fast growing organization - so fast that we were recognized in the Top 100 UK Fastest Growing Businesses at the end of 2018, and are a finalist in the upcoming Impact Awards 2019 showcasing the UK’s best #techforgood.
What we’re looking for
As a Sales Manager at Overleaf, you will be helping customers vastly improve the way they collaborate, write, communicate, manage and report upon their valuable research and data, all within a secure environment that keeps their data exactly where they want it.
We are looking for individuals with a sales background who are organized, driven and can learn quickly. These individuals must be technically savvy with a desire to learn about and then demonstrate the Overleaf SaaS platform.
Overleaf has a reputation of being friendly and helpful – our sales team must always give forth a helpful and friendly demeanor and writing style with clients and end users.
What we need you to do
- Identify and qualify opportunities for Overleaf’s cloud-based and on-premise software solutions;
- Develop a suitable pipeline (3x-5x) of qualified opportunities to meet and exceed your targets;
- Meet or exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota on a consistent basis;
- Be confident in defining and communicating the differentiated value of Overleaf to the customer, both at the technical and business level;
- Work with the marketing team to build case studies and reference cases to showcase Overleaf’s ability to deliver business value to the customer;
- Understand both the formal and informal buying processes in the customer's environment, to manage leads through to closing;
- Use Salesforce to maintain a current, accurate, pipeline of your opportunities;
- Be proactive in communicating with the extended Overleaf team around all aspects of client and opportunity status & development – and ask for help when you need it;
- Be organized and driven – crucial skills to keep multiple leads and opportunities moving correctly and working with a distributed team;
- Have good written and oral communication skills – with an attention to detail.
Daily tasks will include developing and successfully implementing your sales strategy, following up on leads and opportunities, providing sales presentations and demos to help close opportunities, developing client proposals and contracts, and working with marketing as needed to generate the necessary sales collateral. This is a remote position (or partially remote position) - the person hired for this position should be self-motivated and display a high level of independent judgment and decision-making. Travel to conferences, customer sites and company meetings will be required.
What you bring to Overleaf
- Sales experience as an inside or outside representative with a demonstrated history to consistently meet or exceed performance targets.
- Knowledge of lead generation and pipeline management – driving opportunities from prospect through to closed opportunities.
- A demonstrated ability to build and manage complex customer relationships.
- A demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles including the ability to provide coordination with the extended Overleaf team.
- A demonstrated ability and background in communicating/positioning software technology preferred.
- Excellent organizational/project management skills.
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives and deadlines.
- Will usually be available in our core hours, 2pm–5pm UK time (9am-12pm ET).
- Enthusiasm, and a desire to grow with the company and try out new things!
This is a remote position (or partially remote position) – the ability and desire to work from your home office and be self-motivated is required.
- Remote and flexible working.
- Competitive compensation package.
- You would join a small, dedicated and growing team.
- We're backed by Bethnal Green Ventures (https://bethnalgreenventures.com/) and Digital Science (https://www.digital-science.com/), through which we're part of a wider community of startups in science, health and ed-tech.
- Our London office is shared with several other Digital Science companies, so there's lots of interesting people to meet, and clubs and sports activities outside of work.
- You can pick your own equipment. MacBook Pro? Lenovo ThinkPad? Notebook and pen? However you like to work, we'll provide what you need.
- We provide a training budget; many of our staff choose to attend relevant industry conferences or buy training materials.
As Overleaf is a fast-growing company, there will also be opportunities for the person hired for this position to grow and develop, and to take on additional responsibility.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.